IIM Banglore (MGNF) Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship
Overview: Ministry of Skilled Development & Entrepreneurship, Gol, signs contract with IIM Banglore to launch Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Programme. The Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) is an opportunity for young, dynamic individuals to contribute to enhancing skill development and promote economic development. The Fellowship is for 2 yrs.
What's In for you:
- The fellowship is a unique opportunity to promote skill development in district economies.
- The two-year blended program combines classroom sessions at host IIMs with the mentorship of Fellows while in the district.
- It provides an opportunity to engage with schemes and institutions at the district level to strengthen institutions and improve skill development, link markets and create growth.
- Candidates selected from the 2021-23 admissions cycle will be fully funded by MSDE.
- On joining the program, the candidate will receive a stipend of Rs. 50,000 per month during Year 1 of the program. On completing the requirements of Year 1, the candidate will receive a stipend of Rs. 60,000 per month during Year 2 of the program.
- Should be a citizen of India
- Age between 21-30 years at the time of application
- At least a graduate in any discipline (Engineering, Law, Medicine, Social Sciences, etc.) from a recognized university or a post-graduate from a recognized university
- Three years of work experience after secondary schooling in the social/non-profit sector with an interest in working in rural areas is preferred. However, individuals with no work experience and a strong motivation to work in this area may apply.
- Ability to express proficiency in the official language used in the state government.
Certificate of Completion:
MGNF is a Certificate Program in Public Policy and Management offered by host IIMs. It has been designed at the initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India (GoI).
How to apply:
The candidates can apply from the application window for 2021-23 admission. The application window opens on March 27, 2021.
*For more details about the fellowship click on the below-given link.*