IISER Tirupati | Principal Scientific Officer, Apply by 13 September 2022.
IISER Tirupati is inviting applicants for the post of Principal Scientific Officer, Interested candidates can apply.
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Tirupati, is a premier Autonomous Institution of National Importance established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for the promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
Essential Qualification & Experience:
Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or related subject with minimum of 10 years of industrial experience.
- Postdoctoral experience in Biotechnology in globally reputed institutions.
- More than ten years of Industrial experience in biological discovery, bioprocess development, therapeutic development, cell culture, and vaccine development.
- To facilitate networking with industry and other academic institutions
- To establish and maintain a placement cell in the institute and foster international linkages
- To promote entrepreneurship among students and faculty by initiating an Incubation Centre for start-ups in several areas including disease diagnostics, bioprocessing, etc
- To initiate courses/training programs in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and pursue licensing of institute IPR
- Handling the existing BSL-2 and setting up the sanctioned BSL-3 facility
- Shall be responsible for processing and submitting applications for Institute national and international ranking and affiliations/ accreditations
- Other duties assigned by the head of the institution.
For an initial period of one year, renewal shall be subject to satisfactory performance.