IIIT Allahabad vacancy for PhD position
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY- ALLAHABAD
(Institute of National Importance and Centre of Excellence in IT, Established by Govt. of India)
Deoghat, Jhalwa, Prayagraj-211015, (U. P.) INDIA
Phone: 0532-2922025, 2922000
Fax: 0532-2430006, 2922144
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for 01 PhD position under the research project entitled “Abinitio linear and non-linear ultrafast spectroscopy in two-dimensional nitrogen based binary buckled group V semiconductors” in reference to the sanction letter no. File DST/INT/Czech/P-14/2019 dated 28/09/2020 by IndoCzech International Cooperation Division. The position is Indo-Czech collaboration based and is fully funded for 03 years with International to & fro travel grants, per diem accommodation grant, VISA, silver class medical insurance, etc. grants, per year for 02 years.
The duly completed application on prescribed soft copy format together with supporting documents (single pdf file) should reach to firstname.lastname@example.org (PI of the project) on or before 25 Jan 2021. The subject of email should be “Application for the post of 01 PhD Position under the research project -Ab-initio linear and non-linear ultrafast spectroscopy in two-dimensional nitrogen based binary buckled group V semiconductors”.
- Name of Position: PhD
- Number of Position: 01 (one)
- Project Duration: 03 years.
- Essential Qualifications: M.Sc. Physics/Applied Physics/Electronics (specialization in Electronics/Solid State Physics/Materials) or M.E./M.Tech in Electronics with specialization in Microelectronics or equivalent.
- Desirable Qualifications:
i. A high GATE/NET/JEST or similar another national-level ranking in the relevant field mentioned above.
ii. Well versed with Unix environment and shell scripts/python/parallel computations. Sound knowledge in quantum mechanics/solid state physics and materials/.
iii. Candidates with prior exposure to ab-initio computational packages like Quantum Espresso, VASP, QuantumWise, etc. will be preferred.
- Fellowship for first two years: 36,960 p.m. (31,000/-per month +16%HRA).
- Fellowship for third year: 40,600 p.m. (35,000/-per month +16%HRA).