IIT Roorkee National Webinar Progressions in Soil Conservation Service Curve Number Methodology
Overview: IIT Roorkee is organizing a Webinar on "Progressions in Soil Conservation Service Curve Number Methodology". The Webinar deals with Understanding and modeling the spatial variability of storm runoff at the watershed scale are fundamental to hydrologic applications, such as design flood estimation, water availability, drought analysis, irrigation scheduling, drainage design, reservoir sedimentation, and so on.
Date and Time for the Webinar: February 27-28, 2021 (11:00 hrs - 13:30 hrs IST)
- Description of the existing SCS-CN methodology and its various mysterious elements related to historical developments, advantages, and limitations.
- Derivation of SCS-CN methodology using conceptual and physical principles, determination of CN from rainfall-runoff data considering spatial variability and scale effect.
- Conceptual modifications to SCS-CN methodology for runoff predictions including investigation of the initial abstraction ratio.
- SCS-CN applications to short- and long-term hydrologic simulation, determination of base flow, evapotranspiration and irrigation water requirements, discrete event-based and continuous sediment yield modeling, and water quality modeling.
- Use of geoinformation systems for improved model applications.
Who can Participate?
- Research scholars
- Academicians, hydrologists, water resources/environmental engineers/ scientists, soil and water scientists/agriculturists from various central and state government organizations in India and abroad.
Registration Fee: None
*For more details about the webinar click on the below-given link.*