Invention Factory IIT Gandhinagar, Summer 2021, Apply Now
Overview: Applications are invited for Invention Factory®@IITGN, Summer 2021, an event organized by the Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar. Invention Factory@IITGN is a six-week summer program in which IIT students from across India, working in teams of two, Prototype, Pitch, and Patent inventions that each team has conceived of in the program’s first intensive week.
How is the program structured?
- Each student’s presence is required each day and works late especially at the end of the program.
- Breakfast and lunch will be at the hostel facility, with unlimited chai and coffee.
- By the end of the program, each of the ten teams will have filed a provisional patent application for their invention with both the Indian and the U.S. Patent and Trademark offices.
- You will compete for the first prize of Rs. 2 Lakhs, the second prize of Rs. 1 Lakh, and the third prize of Rs. 50,000 for the teams creating the “Best Invention”, “Second Best Invention” and “Third Best Invention.”
- All participants who successfully complete the program will receive an Rs. 10,000 stipend with a certificate of participation.
How to Apply?
- Admission is competitive. Applications are submitted through the online form.
- Last date to Apply: 20th of March 2021.
- The program requires all applicants to submit a video and a brief (500-word maximum!) description of why you would be a good fit for the program.
- Your online application will be reviewed by Professors Wolf and Lima in the US and faculty members of the Indian Team.
- The first prize-winning team will share a prize of Rs 2 Lakhs.
- .The second prize-winning team will share a prize of Rs 1 Lakh and
- third prize-winning team will share Rs. 50,000.
- Alan Wolf was Professor and Head of the Physics Department at Cooper Union.
- Eric Lima is a Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Cooper Union and an avid DIY builder.
- Madhu Vadali is an Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) in Gandhinagar, India.
- Nithin George is an Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) in Gandhinagar, India.