IITK Workshop "Corrosion Failure and Protection of Engineering Materials"
Overview: IIT Kanpur is conducting a six-day workshop on "Corrosion Failure and Protection of Engineering Materials". Starting from 1st March to 6th March 2021. The course will begin with an emphasis on the importance of studying Corrosion of materials. The fundamentals of corrosion will be addressed from the angle of thermodynamics and kinetics of electrochemical phenomena with many more related topics.
- Basic understanding of corrosion and its electrochemical nature
- To respond to the following question: Is electrochemistry enough for understanding corrosion?
- Thermodynamic and kinetic nature of corrosion
- Polarization and mixed potential theory
- Protection of metals and alloys from corrosion
- How to analyze corrosion test data
- How to choose protection routes
- Dr. Gopi Kishor (MandalPrincipal Scientist, Materials Engineering (MTE) Division CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur)
- Mr. Pankaj Panchal (Director Corrosion Protection Specialist Pvt. Ltd. Corrosion Cures Pvt. Ltd.)
- Dr. Sudhanshu Shekhar Singh (Department of Materials Science and Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur)
- Dr. Kallol Mondal (Department of Materials Science and Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur)
- Faculty from AICTE Institutes coming under the QIP program (maximum 30) No Registration Fees
- Non-IITK Faculty Rs 10,620/- (including GST)
- IITK Student Rs 4,000/- (No GST Required)
- Non-IITK Student Rs 5,900/- (Including GST)
- Industry Participant Rs 11,800/- (Including GST)
*For more details about the workshop check out the below-given link.*