NITI Internship Scheme- Government Of India, Certification; Apply Now
NITI Internship Scheme
Govt. Of India
The internship shall be available throughout the year supported by the wants of NITI Aayog.
The 'interns" shall tend exposure to varied Verticals/ Divisions/Units within NITI Aayog and would be expected to supplement the method of study within NITI Aayog through empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information.
The " interns" shall have a chance to understand the govt. functioning and Developmental Policy issues within the Government of India and contribute to the Policy formulation by generating policy inputs like empirical analysis, briefing reports, policy papers, etc.
- Under-graduate students, having completed/appeared in the term-end exams of the second year/ 4th, semester of the bachelor degree course and secured not less than 85% or equivalent marks in 12th class.
- Graduate students having completed/ appeared within the term-end exams of first-year/2nd semester of their post-graduate program or perusing research/Ph.D. and secured not but 70% or equivalent marks in Graduation.
- The students who have appeared within the final examination or simply completed Graduation/PG and expecting admission for higher studies can also be considered for internship provided that-
- They have secured 70% or more cumulative marks in all the years/ semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation till the date of application.
- The period between the month of declaration of results of the ultimate exam and therefore the desired month of an internship shouldn't exceed six months e.g. if the result's declared within the month of June then he/she can apply for the internship beginning till the month of December.
- Data Management and Analysis
- Education/Human Resources Development
- Energy Sector
- Foreign Trade / Commerce
- Health, Nutrition, Women & Child Development
- Infrastructure connectivity
- Mass Communications and Social Media
- Mining Sector
- Natural Resources, Environment & Forests
- Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project appraisal and management.
- Public Finances/Budget
- Public-Private Partnership
- Rural Development and SDGs
- Science and Technology
- Skill Development & Employment
- Social justice and empowerment
- Sports and Youth Development.
- Tourism and culture
- Urbanization / smart city.
- Water Resources
Duration: 6 months
- A certificate regarding successful completion of internship shall be issued by the Adviser of the concerned Subject Division.
Logistics & Support:
- Interns will be required to have their own laptops. NITI Aayog shall provide them working space, internet facility, and other necessities as deemed fit by the concerned Heads.
Procedure and conditions:
- Interested applicants may apply online only within the address link to be indicated on the website of NITI Aayog during 1st to 1Oth of each month. The application can only be made six months beforehand but not later than 2 months before the month during which the internship is desired. For example, if an applicant wants to join an internship program that is commencing in the month of Apr-19 then he/she can apply from the month of Oct- 18 to Feb- 18. The application is going to be valid for the specified month.
- Applicants must also clearly indicate the world of interest.
- A candidate can apply for an internship on just one occasion during a final year.
- Applicants who do not until the eligibility conditions, their applications shall be rejected by the system automatically.
- The selected applicant has got to produce original mark sheets and NOC from the college/institution at the time of joining, failing which his/her candidature shall be canceled.