SVNIT STTP on FLOOD RISK MANAGEMENT
TEQIP SPONSORED SHORT TERM TRAINING PROGRAMME (ONLINE MODE)
FLOOD RISK MANAGEMENT
Department of Civil Engineering
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology
Applications are invited for SBVNIT STTP on Flood risk management.The course introduces the participants to the flood risks and about the consequences if floods occurred. The objective of this course is to understand, conceptualize and apply the main principles of flood risk management, to understand supporting tools and techniques for flood risk management.
The course intends to cover the following topics.
• Introduction to flood risk management
• Different models of flood risk management
• Pre flood measures: Flood forecasting, early warning system and flood risk maps
• Post-flood measures: flood recovery
• Flood mitigation measures to reduce flood risk
• Case studies
• Hands-on Session- Hydraulic modelling
Resource persons may be invited to share their respective expertise in flood risk management and modelling from premier institutes, organizations like IIT,NIT, CWC, CWPRS, Govt. Departments and Reynold agencies working in the area of flood risk management.
The program will be conducted in online mode during 1st -6 th March 2021 through google meet platform and link will be shared to the selected registered candidate on or before the date of STTP. The training programme is designed for minimum 30 hours.
- Registration Fees for industry/self-sponsored participants is Rs. 1000/-
- Registration Fees for faculties is Rs. 500/-
- Registration Fees for students and research scholars is Rs. 300/-
The details for the payment of registration fees be shared upon receipt of registration form and after checking eligibility of participant.
The scanned copy of the completed registration form should be sent as an email attachment to email@example.com and also upload on given registration link by date 26th February 2021.