TIFR workshop on the DUALITIES IN TOPOLOGY AND ALGEBRA
DUALITIES IN TOPOLOGY AND ALGEBRA (ONLINE)
ICTS and TIFR
1st fab 2021- 14th Fab 2021
International Centre for Theoretical Sciences and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is organizing an online workshop on the DUALITIES IN TOPOLOGY AND ALGEBRA. This online workshop will start from the 1st February 2021 and will end on the 14th February 2021.
Duality phenomena are ubiquitous in mathematics, particularly in topology and algebra. Classical instances on the topology side include Poincaré duality and Alexander duality, which give a relation between homology and cohomology of spaces.
The following candidates can apply for this online workshop,
Graduate students in Algebraic Topology or Commutative Algebra
The last date to apply for this online workshop is 20 January 2021.
The following speaker will
- Pranav Pandit
- International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Bengaluru, India
- Rekha Santhanam Indian Institutes of Technology Bombay, India
- Samik Basu Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India
- Somnath Basu Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research, Kolkata, India
- The Srikanth Iyengar University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
- Suresh Nayak Indian Statistical Institute, Bengaluru, India