IHS Markit is hiring for Research Intern-1; Apply Now
IHS Markit has invited the appliance to hire Research Intern-1 in Gurugram, Haryana, India. Interested candidates can apply for this.
IHSM is the leading provider of the global market and economic information and insight. ENR, a business line within IHSM, delivers unrivaled information expertise and strategic insights to the global oil, gas, and power industry from concept to market.
- The intern will have a basic interest in the energy sector (or a related sector) and research ability with Microsoft tools, such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- The Analyst will be a key member of the IHS Energy, Oil Markets, Midstream & Downstream (OMD) team.
- The ideal candidate is a result-oriented professional with career ambitions to grow in this dynamic company and complex industry.
- During your internship, you will gain invaluable on-the-job experience while developing the skills to drive your career within the corporate world.
- You will partner with our industry specialists to deliver high-impact work and grow your skillset through our interactive development sessions.
- Source and maintain data in internal repositories and models with very high accuracy and attention to detail for supporting short-term and long-term forecasts.
- Collaborate with energy professionals in global locations and contribute to research and various other workstreams.
- Identify key trends in the data, create charts and populate other documents such as country profiles, market reports from data.
- Maintain and create upload framework for data platform for all long-term and short-term regional files for various statistics across the OMDI value chain.
- Perform data quality checks by identifying and flagging data discrepancies while working with other team members on resolution and correction
- Engineering degree required from IIT/NIT preferably Chemical engineering; interest in the energy industry
- Strong analytical background with experience in data scrubbing, analysis, and presentation.
- Reading and writing skills in international business English, good communication skills, and a natural bent for multi-tasking
- Strong Office 365 application skills to include PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Teams. Advanced Excel skills, an individual must be comfortable creating and maintaining pivot tables, data visualizations, IF statements, V/H Lookups, etc.
- Strong problem solving and logical reasoning skills - should independently troubleshoot and question data that does not follow logic. Equally, they should be confident to query work to understand and streamline it further.
Tenure: 6 months
Location: Gurugram, Haryana
Employment Type: Internship