IIT Kharagpur | National Symposium & Workshop On Omics' Application In Health And Environment, Apply ASAP
Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur is inviting candidates to apply for the National Symposium And Workshop On Omics' Application In Health And Environment.
This symposium is being organized to discuss and disseminate the current state of the knowledge on diverse omics approaches (genomics, transcriptomics, metagenomics, metabolomics, etc.), and their application in exploring human and environmental microbiology. The application of Machine Learning in omics-based analysis will also be discussed. The hands-on (workshop) sessions planned will provide the participant exposure to current bioinformatics tools used for analyzing omics data. This will enable the participants to gain overall experience to handle high throughput data and obtain valuable insights. With this symposium, we also aim to bridge the gap between research and industry.
- Metagenomics in Human health [Sharmila Mande, Ministry of Ayush]
- Omics in Environmental genomics [Pinaki Sar, IIT Kharagpur]
- Genome scale metabolic modelling [Amit Ghosh, IIT Kharagpur]
- Simulating microbes & microbiomes [Anirban Dutta, TCS Research]
- Transcriptomics and data analysis [Riddhiman Dhar, IIT Kharagpur]
- Machine learning for microbial ecosystems [Avishek Dutta, University of Georgia]
- Developments in Omics data analysis [Mitali Merchant, TCS Research]
Who can apply?
- Industrial personnel
- Other stakeholders interested in the subject
Registration fees :
- Students (Bachelor and Master) and researchers (doctoral): 2500 + GST
- Faculties/Postdocs/Scientists: 4000 + GST
- Industry persons: 7000 + GST
How to Apply?
- Register online: https://erp.iitkgp.ac.in/CEP/courses.htm
- Navigate to “Symposium” from sidebar and apply for “National Symposium and Workshop on Omics Applications for Health and Environment”
- Optionally an abstract may be submitted as per instructions given below
- Candidates will be selected on merit basis (limited seats)
- Selected candidates will be notified via Email
- Selected candidates must complete payment through the Emailed link to confirm registration
Abstract submission and formatting guidelines:
- Abstract submission is preferred but not mandatory. It should contain 250-300 words outlining the central theme(s) of your research work or review.
- English: Follow British spelling and punctuation conventions.
- Font Size and Style: Kindly use Times New Roman 12 point for the main text.
- Heading: The heading should be used as per the following style - 14 pt, Bold, Center
- Line Spacing: The line spacing of main text of paper should be 1.5.
- Indent: Left and Right indent should be 0.5 on both sides
- References: OSCOLA 4th Edition. Abstract (word document) should be submitted by 30th April, 2023 [link for abstract submission : ]
Important dates :
- The last Date for completing the registration is 30th April 2023
- Last Date of confirmation of participation: 1st May 2023
- Last Date for Registration and Payment in IIT Portal: 3rd May 2023
- Date of Conference: 16th – 17th May 2023
- Abstract submission along with registration is preferred
Based on prior requests and availability
- Room charges D/B AC room per day single occupancy (Rs. 1000+12% GST)
- Double occupancy (Rs. 750+12% GST).
*All rooms have double beds with attached bathrooms. All students will be provided with shared accommodation