IIT Kharagpur STC on SUPERCONDUCTOR BASED POWER APPLICATIONS
AICTE/QIP SPONSORED SHORT TERM COURSE on
SUPERCONDUCTOR BASED POWER APPLICATIONS
01st to 07th October 2020
Cryogenic Engineering Centre, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur is going to organize a Short Term Course On SUPERCONDUCTOR BASED POWER APPLICATIONS Sponsored by AICTE/QIP. This course will be started from 01st October and will end on 7th October 2020.
Superconductor based technology for the power application is a cutting edge of the technology, which will have a great impact on the techno-commercial aspects in electrical power generation, energy storage, bulk power transmission with minimal losses, high torque compact motors and protection of power system against faults. The stated technology has wide application in the field of electrical power sector (both on-shore and off-shore), energy storage systems, defence sector for ship propulsion, degaussing, rail-gun, electrolysis industries, nuclear and particle accelerators.
- Introduction to superconductors & its applications.
- Comparison of normal conductor and superconductor based electrical power devices.
- Requirements of cryogenic environment for superconducting power devices.
- Superconductor based power cables-design, development and testing with laboratory demonstration.
- Superconductor based magnet design and the development for the energy storage application with the laboratory demonstration.
- Superconductor based compact motors and generators.
- Superconductors based fault current limiters and transformers
Category A: AICTE-QIP Faculty members of AICTE-QIP approved Engineering colleges/ Institutes/ Universities with B.Tech/ M.Tech/ PhD in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Metallurgical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Nuclear Engineering and M.Sc./PhD in Physics. The course is free for Category A and the number of participants in Category A is limited to 30.
Category B: Sponsored Personnel Sponsored by the Industry/ R & D labs/ other organizations with B.Tech/ M.Tech/ PhD in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Metallurgical/ Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Nuclear Engineering and M.Sc./PhD in Physics. The course fee for Sponsored Candidates from industry, R & D labs (Category B) is (Rs. 30,000/- + 18% GST on Rs.30,000/-)
|Category B||Rs. 35,400/-.|
NOTE: Registration fee includes electronic copy of study materials and refreshments during sessions.
Certificate will be issued to all the registered participants on attending the complete course.
|Last date for registration||25th September, 2020|
|Start of Course||01st October, 2020|
|End of Course||07th October, 2020|
For more information,see below