Internship Opportunity at Facebook Careers | Seeking for Research Interns in Artificial Intelligence; Apply before the deadline
Facebook is seeking Research Interns to join Facebook AI Research (FAIR). They are seeking individuals passionate in areas like deep learning, computer vision, audio and speech processing, tongue processing, machine learning, reinforcement learning, computational statistics, and applied math. Their interns have an opportunity to make core algorithmic advances and apply their ideas at an unprecedented scale. Many of our interns publish at top-tier conferences like NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, and ACL.
They have openings in our Menlo Park, New York, Seattle, and Pittsburgh offices. Internships are going to be awarded on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to use them early. Applicants are expected to be pursuing a Ph.D. in one of the areas listed above; outstanding Masters's and Bachelor's students can also be considered.
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines
- Perform research that permits learning the semantics of knowledge (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities)
- Devise better data-driven models of human behavior, and/or
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a degree (Ph.D., Masters, or Bachelors with relevant research experience) in Computer Science or a related field
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Publications or experience in machine learning, AI, computer vision, optimization, computing, statistics, applied math, or data science
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Ability to control and analyze complex, large scale, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Experience in utilizing theoretical and inquiry to unravel problems
- Ability to speak complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Knowledge in C, C++, Python, Lua, or another related programing language
- Experience building systems supported machine learning and/or deep learning methods
- Intent to return to a degree program after the completion of the internship/co-op
Duration: This internship has a minimum 12-week duration.
Employment Type: Internship