NIT Jamshedpur FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM on “SENSOR TECHNOLOGY”
Faculty Development Program in collaboration with AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy, Guwahati
(1st October to 5th October 2020)
Advance sensor technologies have created a paradigm shift inefficient operation of almost all sectors of the societies. Starting from health to domestic to the industrial sector the intervention and the dependence on smart sensors have increased numerous times. The development of the smart sensors and its associated instrumentations have experienced a vast leap in the recent few years. Sensors are not only improved the performance of the new technologies but also help to assess the efficiency of many of the existing technologies. Structural health monitoring of any of the manufacturing process is one such example of it. We are in the digital era where people are surrounded by sensors. The advancement in sensor technologies has open an era of interdisciplinary science, where all streams hold equal importance in the development of any sensor technology.
- Introduction to sensors and actuators.
- Different types of techniques for designing and developing sensors.
- Working principle of various types of the UT and the EM sensors and also the transducer used in Non-Destructing Testing (NDT).
- Working principle of chemical/biochemical and also the gas sensor& it's smart instrumentation
- Introduction to the wireless sensor technology with various application in underwater sensing
- Interfacing of sensors and the signal conditioning circuits with the advance signal processing topologies
Topics to be covered:
1. Introduction to Sensor Technology
- Basics of Sensor and transducer technology
- Modern-day advancement in sensor/transducer technology
- Application of sensors in modern-day industries
2. Introduction to sensor fabrication technology
- Introduction to fabrication methods involved in sensor/transducer development
- Basic of MEMS
3. Introduction of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Basics of several Non-destructive Testing techniques
- Introduction to Ultrasonic based Non-Destructive Testing
- Introduction of Electromagnetic based NDT technique
- Basics of Eddy Current based Non-Destructive Testing/Evaluation
4. Introduction to chemical/biochemical & gas sensors
- Development of chemical/biochemical and gas sensors
- The potential application of such sensor technologies
- Development of smart instrumentation for sensor interfacing
5. Introduction to Sensor Interfacing Technology
- Introduction to the wireless sensor networks
- Development of underwater sensor technologies
- Advance signal/image processing of the various sensor outputs
Who can apply?
- Industrial personnel
- Faculty members
- Research scholars
- PG students
|For Register||Click here|
|FDP Date||1st Oct. to 5th Oct. 2020|
For more information, click the link below