NIT Nagpur | Summer Internship Program, Apply by 14th April 2023!
Scholars at Undergraduate, PG, or Doctoral levels enrolled in reputed institutions are encouraged to apply for Summer Internship Program (SIP) at VNIT as per the prescribed guidelines. The students would be given an opportunity to work on research/consultancy-oriented project components under the able guidance of the concerned supervisors.
The total time duration for SIP 2023 is from 2nd June- 15th July 2023.
Students who have completed 3rd year BE/BTech, 3rd or 4th Year B. Arch/BS-MS (Integrated MSc Courses) or 1st year MSc course at any recognized university or institutes are eligible to enroll as interns. A student having a first-class or CGPA higher than 6.75 in the latest grade card will be considered for SIP.
After selection, the selected scholars need to complete the desired joining formalities by depositing fees [Rs. 5000 for VNIT students and Rs. 5,000 + Rs. 900 (GST) = Rs. 5,900 for Non-VNIT students] by Online payment link at the VNIT website in consultation with respective supervisor on or before 24th May 2023. The scholars who need accommodation and mess facilities at the VNIT hostel, need to mention the same. The charges for the hostel and mess facility will be extra as per Institute policy and norms.
- A list of Summer Internship Projects is available on the website along with the respective supervisor in Google form from March 25 to April 14, 2023. The Google form needs to be filled by interested scholars mentioning the supervisors in order of preference.
- Interested scholars should contact the supervisor based on the topic/title of the project offered.
- Scholars should seek consent from their respective supervisors.
- The final list of selected candidates will be notified on the website and the scholar should submit a duly filled application form from May 16 to May 24, 2023.
General Instructions for Students:
- This scheme will be available to outside VNIT students as well as VNIT students.
- The period of work should not be less than 6 weeks including Sundays and Holidays under any circumstances. If the final duration turns out to be less than 6 weeks, the internship will not be deemed to have been satisfactorily completed to be eligible for the certificate.
- It is expected that at the end of the internship, the candidate will come out with tangible results such as a conference/journal paper, development of a lab experiment, filing of the patent, etc. The intern will be required to give a seminar in the respective department at the end and submit a report to the department head.
- A certificate of the internship will be given to all interns after successful completion. The certificate will be signed by the respective faculty in charge, HOD, SIP Coordinator &Dean(Academics).
- All correspondence and inquiries should be addressed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer interns must strictly follow the rules and regulations (oral and written) stipulated by VNIT while working in the laboratory. If any malpractice on the part of the summer intern is reported, then VNIT will be constrained to terminate their fellowship.
- Based on the specific supervisor’s satisfactory recommendation the scholar will be entitled to the award of the certificate.
- For any accident occurring during the summer intern program, VNIT or Faculty or staff members involved in the program will not be responsible.
After completion of the program, a hard copy of the detailed project report and no dues form duly signed by the guide should be sent to the Dean's Academic office. The SIP certificate shall be released to the successful scholars by email.