THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG - Invitation for SURP, Apply by Feb 28ᵗʰ, 2023!
With the relaxation of international travel in Hong Kong, the Summer Undergraduate Research Programme (SURP) is welcoming students to The Chinese University Of Hong Kong(CUHK) again for an on-campus research experience in the summer of 2023!
The Programme provides an opportunity for students from overseas universities to undertake research attachments for eight weeks at CUHK during the summer.
It is an opportunity for undergraduate students from overseas universities
Faculties for Research Projects :
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Science
Documents Required :
- A recent letter of recommendation from an academic staff (a professor/lecturer) at the home institution dated within six months from the time of application
- Latest academic transcript
- Copy of the identification/particulars page of the applicant’s passport
- Copy of proof of English proficiency (Only for students coming from a university where English is not the primary language of instruction)
Note on Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of the Hong Kong Identity Card (Only for HKID Card holders)
1) Students from the University of California System should apply to UCEAP in addition to SURP.
2) Students who have a Permanent HKID Card do not need to apply for a student visa for their studies at CUHK. If you are a Permanent HKID Card holder, please upload a photocopy of your HKID card to the online application form.
- Administrative Fee - HK$2,700 (~US$350)
- Student Visa Fee - HK$330–HK$630 (US$42–US$80)
- On-campus Accommodation Fee(Optional) - HK$8,150 (US$1,040)
- Refundable Hostel Deposit - HK$1,000 (US$130)
- Refundable Caution Money - HK$450 (US$60)
1) All fees paid are non-refundable unless otherwise specified.
2) Permanent Hong Kong Identity Card holders do not require a student visa.
3) All students will be required to pay the administration fee, student visa fee, accommodation fee, and hostel deposit through the online application system upon confirmation of registration. Caution money will be collected through a credit card payment authorization form during admission.
4) Meals are not covered by the accommodation fee.