VOLVO | Software Engineer, Apply by 14 October 2022.
VOLVO is hiring applicants for the position of Software Engineer.
Our mission is to deliver complete Integrated solutions to the Volvo Construction Equipment area with the highest possible level of quality with supporting Volvo CE customers, dealers, and internal consumers. We also develop and deliver a portfolio of commercial APIs, a key product in Volvo CEs services offering of the future.
- A responsible and self-motivated team player who likes to learn on the job and find solutions to problems.
- A “can-do” customer service mindset with experience from working with support in a global setting and interacting directly with customers in calls or via email.
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Proficiency in Java development
- Familiarity with IBM middleware and integration platforms (WebSphere, MQ, and API Connect) is a plus.
- Support users by explaining system capabilities, handling questions and solving incidents
- Analyze user problems in areas of responsibility and support business users with efficient usage of the APIs
- Identify actual and potential software problems and provide analysis to the maintenance team according to Incident Management principles
- Follow recommended Ways of Working with Incident & Knowledge Management systems for reporting and tracking
- Propose changes and improvement activities that make the application more efficient and/or reduce operation or maintenance cost
- Participate and contribute to the planning of application maintenance and enhancement activities
- Identify the scope of automation in repetitive tasks
- Contribute actively to relevant D& IT communities and bodies concerning process improvements & best practice sharing
We are looking for a Java developer to take a role in our support team. You will join a growing global DevOps team and work with support, troubleshooting, documentation, and development of our portfolio of 100+ integration services. To succeed in the role, you will need a creative, flexible, and structured mindset with a passion for customer support.