DPIIT has invited applications for National Startup Awards 2021
Startup India is a flagship initiative that aims to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and startups in the country that will drive sustainable economic growth and generate large-scale employment opportunities. Actions taken so far have resulted in a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship take firm roots across the length and breadth of the country. The results are visible across all fields of human endeavor and all sectors of the economy. The National Startup Awards have been conceptualized to further strengthen the startup ecosystem in the country.
About the Awards:
- A cash prize of INR 5 lakh will be awarded to one winning startup in each of the subsectors.
- A cash prize of Rs 15 lakh each will be awarded to one winning incubator and one winning accelerator.
- The winners and runners up will be given priority for participation in various National and International Startup events sponsored by DPI.
Eligibility Criteria for Startups awards:
1. The entity should be a DPIIT-recognized startup. The entity must submit its certificate of incorporation or partnership deed.
2. The entity must have a hardware or software product or a process solution that is present in the market.
3. The entity must have all applicable trade trade-specific registrations (example: CE, FSSAI, MSME, GST Registration, etc.)
4. The entity must submit Audited Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Account) for the last three financial years.
1. The Incubator should be structured as an independent entity-a section 8 company, a Public trust, or a Society.
2. The Incubator should be operational at least for two years as of 01st January 2021.
3. The Incubator must have successfully graduated a minimum of 15 Startups.
The applications for the awards are open till January 31, 2021. The details of the application process may be seen at www.startupindia.gov.in.