Google Summer Of Code- 2023 Program, Apply by 4th April 2023!
Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is an annual program organized by Google that encourages university students from around the world to participate in open-source software development. The program allows students to work on real-world projects, gain experience in software development, and collaborate with experienced mentors from participating organizations.
Become a GSoC contributor
Are you new to open source and want to learn more about some exciting projects that you can contribute to? Join GSoC where mentors will help guide you on your journey!
It is crucial to reach out to the organizations that you are interested in as soon as possible. The more conversations you have with the community before you submit your proposal the better your chances of being selected for the GSoC.
Applications for GSoC contributors open from March 20 to April 4, 2023
How It Works:
Interested contributors propose a project to work on
Accepted GSoC contributors spend the summer coding with guidance from a mentor.
Submit your code for the world to use
GSoC contributor eligibility:
- Must be at least 18 years old at the time of registration.
- Must be a student or an open-source beginner.
- Must be eligible to work in their country of residence during the duration of the program.
- Must be a resident of a country not currently embargoed by the United States.
- Must run an active open-source or free software project.
- Must have produced and released software under an OSI-approved license.
- Must not be based in a country currently embargoed by the United States.