IIM Ahmedabad- Application invited for Research Associate, Apply by 27th April 2021
- IIM Ahmedabad is seeking applications for a research associate position, with Ph.D., starting May 2021, for the Centre for Digital Transformation.
- Applicants should be well-versed with the key ideas underlying digital technologies and networks. The position requires the applicant to have completed a Ph.D. as an essential qualification.
- The position involves working on different research projects focused on the key issues related to digital transformation.
- The candidate will work with predefined projects with faculty supervisor/s.
- Responsibilities of the research associate may include one or more of the following: data scraping, searching and creating large datasets, data analyses, writing, literature review, writing parts of manuscripts, running large panel data models, software coding, amongst other such activities involved in academic publications.
- Candidates with Ph.D. degrees in management/ information systems/engineering/computer science/mathematics or social and economic related disciplines are encouraged to apply
- Candidates should be proficient in Python and R. They should be comfortable with creating large datasets, analyzing, and visualizing them.
- Candidates should be proficient in running econometrics models. Prior experience working with panel datasets is desirable.
- Candidates having experience in natural language processing and text analytics will be given preference.
- Candidates should understand the scientific process, including being comfortable doing a literature review by reading and summarizing research papers and academic writing in the form of journal publications and case studies.
- Candidates should have good oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply?
- To apply, please send an email including CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Ph.D. RA: Centre for Digital Transformation”
- Applications without the proper subject may not be considered.
- Project Tenure: The appointment is initially for 6 months with a potential for extension based on performance
- Location: The selected candidate will be working from IIM Ahmedabad campus (exceptions may be considered, given the current situation).
- Reporting: The selected Research Associate will be reporting to Prof. Pankaj Setia, Chairperson Centre for Digital Transformation.
- Compensation: The selected candidate will be offered a monthly stipend based on prior qualifications and experience.
- Last date to apply: 27th April 2021