IIT Bhubaneswar | GIAN Course on Teaching for Inclusion Principles for effective practice, Apply Now!
IIT Bhubaneswar is organizing A Five-Day Course on Teaching for Inclusion Principles for effective practice.
From June 27 - 1 July 2022.
The main objectives of the course include the following:
- To recognize the distinction between a medical model and a social model of disability
- To recognize the sociocultural nature of student learning and participation
- To critically analyze the legal framework for the educational planning of students with disabilities and its implications for practice
- To utilize a multimodal concept of learning when designing instructional practice
- To recognize the benefits of collaborative, inquiry-based learning practices for inclusive classrooms
- To explore the affordances of technology in supporting the increased learning and participation of students with disabilities
- To critically examine discourses on student behavior and classroom management and develop sustainable forms of responsive practice
- To recognize the significance of adult partnerships to foster student learning
- To attach significance to the perspectives of students and families for successful implementation of inclusion.
Who can participate?
This program is open to the Faculty, Postgraduate students, Field Engineers, and Research Scholars working in the areas of Structural / Construction Engineering from various Institutes. Civil Engineers working in Industries, Consultancy firms, and R&D laboratories can also participate.
laboratories can also participate.
How to Register?
Stage-1: Web Portal Registration:
and create a login User ID and Password. Fill up the blank registration form and do web registration by paying Rs. 500/- online through Net Banking / Debit / Credit card. This provides the user with lifetime registration to enroll in any number of GIAN courses offered.
Stage-2: Course Registration:
Login to the GIAN portal with the user ID and Password already created in Step 1. Click on the Course Registration option at the top of the Registration Form. Select the course “Teaching for Inclusion: Principles for effective practice” from the list and click on the save option. Complete your registration by clicking on Confirm Course.
facilities have to pay Rs. 3,000/- in addition to the course fee.
|Research Scholars & Students||Rs. 1000|
|Participants from abroad||$ 100|
The Registration fee includes instructional materials. Outstation participants requiring accommodation and boarding facilities have to pay Rs. 3,000/- in addition to the course fee.
Selection and Mode of Payment:
Selected candidates will be intimated through E-Mail. They have to remit the necessary course fee to the Bank as per the details given below.
|Account Name||CEP, IIT Bhubaneswar|
|Name of Bank||Canara Bank|
|Name of Branch||IIT Bhubaneswar, Arugul Branch|
Candidates registering early will be given preference in the shortlisting process. For any queries regarding registration of the course, please contact the Course Coordinator.
June 27 - 1 July 2022