IIT Jodhpur workshop on Desert Ecosystem Sciences; Apply by July 30th, 2021
Department of Bioscience & Bioengineering, IIT Jodhpur is organizing a workshop on "DESIGNS from the Thar - Desert Ecosystem Innovations Guided by Natural Selection" Desert Ecosystem Sciences on July 31st, 2021 in collaboration with the Jodhpur City Knowledge and Innovation Cluster.
- Why desert ecosystem sciences?
- Jodhpur City Knowledge and Innovation Cluster – Nucleating synergistic initiative
- Understanding deserts: Why a geologist’s perspective matters to bioscientists & bioengineers?
- The invisible desert ecosystem: Mining for microbes in the desert
- Bioinspired solutions: Desert insights
- Nano-based herbal drug delivery systems: Desert perspectives
- Environmental sustainability and indigenous tribal outlook
- Citizen science for Thar ecosystem: IIT initiative
- Diseases of the desert
- Desert sciences: Insights from Ayurveda
- Telemedicine-based software solutions and mobile apps for the desert ecosystem
- Cultural Imaginaries of Desert Ecosystems: Postcolonial Ecologies in the Anthropocene
- Dr. Santanu Chaudhury, Director, IIT Jodhpur (Affordable technology & outreach)
- Mr. Pradip Krishen, Architect of Rao Jodha Rock Garden (Ecological restoration)
- Dr. Kuldeep Singh, Dean, Academics, AIIMS Jodhpur (Diseases specific to the Thar)
- Dr. Abhimanyu Kumar, Vice-Chancellor, Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan, Ayurved University, Jodhpur (Ayurveda solutions to desert diseases)
- Dr. Arun Sharma, Director, National Institute for Implementation Research on Non-Communicable Diseases, Jodhpur (Environmental Health in desert ecoregions)
- Dr. Ajay Agarwal, IIT Jodhpur (Sensors & drones for desert applications)
- Dr Apurba Bera, RRSC -ISRO (Remote sensing) Moderator: Dr. Mitali Mukerji, IIT Jodhpur
- July 31st, 2021