IIT Roorkee | Seminar ON Inflatable Structures and Lightweight Materials: A new era of Space and Defence Applications, Apply by 20th September 2022
IIT Roorkee is organizing a Two-day National Seminar ON Inflatable Structures and Lightweight Materials: A new era of Space and Defence Applications. From 29-30, 2022.
The applications of inflatable structures and materials are growing in the field of Space, Aerospace, Defence, Natural Disasters, and other engineering & commercial areas. Currently and in the future, satellite payloads of very low mass and size are required for maximum utilization of space available on satellite buses. As highly lightweight and much less stowed volume, Inflatable structures are incredibly attracting the interests of scientists and engineers in outer space exploration missions.
- Applications of inflatable structures in ground and space environment
- Materials for space and ground-based inflatable structures
- Qualification for a space environment and test the s for inflatable system
- Folding and deployment of membrane structures
- Deployable composites membrane booms
- Lightweight materials
- Rigidization of membrane-based structures
- Shape analysis and control of inflatable structures
- Challenges in fabrication and testing
- Evolution of space industries in India
The registration fee includes boarding and lodging at the campus guest house and the seminar fee:
- Students/Research Scholars: ₹ 1000
- Academic Institutions and Govt. Organizations: ₹ 3000
- Participants from Industries: ₹ 6000
- IITR Students: ₹ 700
Note: Registration is compulsory for the participation certificate and registration kit. All sessions of the seminar are open to the IITR community.