NIT Kurukshetra - One Week STC on Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM - 2023), Apply by June 5, 2023!
NIT Kurukshetra is organizing a One Week Short Term Course on Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM - 2023).
Globally, there has been a marked increase in the frequency and intensity of disasters; both natural as well as man-made. With every new disaster, the loss of life and property is increasing. Countless efforts are being made by a multitude of agencies like the World Bank, UNISDR, UNDP, ADB, and country governments, to reduce the impact of disasters. Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM) is the development and application of policies, strategies and practice to do everything possible before a disaster occurs to protect lives, limit damage and strengthen the capacity of the community and society to recover quickly.
The STC shall cover the following topics but not limited to:
- Understanding the Impact of Disaster,
- Disaster Risk Management, Planning, and Governance,
- Geotechnical Aspects of Disaster,
- Disaster Risk Reduction of Infrastructural Systems, Disaster Resilient Construction, Case Studies, etc.
- Disaster Preparedness, Response and Recovery, Accidents and Disaster Diagnosis
- Cyclones, Floods &Storm Resilient Drainage
- Coherence in Disaster Risk Reduction,
- Sustainable Development and Climate Change, Land Slide Risk Mitigation
- Tsunami, Drought, RS & GIS
- Implementation of Sendai Framework on Disaster Risk Reduction,
- Any other related topic
Faculty/Research Scholars/PG students from academic institutes approved by the AICTE/UGC/MHRD, and Scientists/Engineers working in Government Organizations/ Private/Public Industries, etc. can attend the course. The application should be made on the registration form and should accompany the registration fee.
|Category of Registration||Registration Fee (Rs)|
|Outstation Students / Researcher Scholars||500||1000|
|Internal Students / Researcher Scholars||-||1000|
|Industry / R&D||1500||6000|
The registration fee is non-refundable. Participants must have valid ID proof of student/employee from the associated organization. Limited accommodation is available in the hostel/guest house which can be arranged at the request of the participants on a payment basis, separately. No TA/DA will be paid to the participants. Selection of the participants will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
Steps for Paying the Registration Fee:
Go to SBI collect – Select Education Institutions – Select State as Haryana – Director National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra – Select DRRM-2023 as payment category – follow the steps – fill in the correct amount as per brochure and category. Please do not forget to attach your payment receipt to the registration form link. The information brochure can be downloaded from the institute website www.nitkkr.ac.in.
After paying the registration fee, the candidates must fill in the registration form details using the Google form link by June 2, 2023.
For further information and the latest updates, please visit the Institute website or write or contact: Prof. H. K. Sharma, (+91-9416334644) or Dr. Pankaj Munjal, (+91-9213860000).
Course Coordinators Email: drrm2023[at]nitkkr.ac.in.
E-certificates will be provided to the participants, with at least 80 % attendance upon successful completion of the program
Important Dates :
- Duration: June 12-16, 2023
- Last date of Registration: June 5, 2023
- Notification regarding selection: within 7 days of registration through email.