NIT Suratkal | Two Days Online Winter Workshop On Recent Algorithms For Forest Remote Sensing Applications ((RAFRSA2023), Apply By 4th November 2023!
NIT Karnataka is inviting applications for a two-day online Winter Workshop On Recent Algorithms For Forest Remote Sensing Applications ((RAFRSA2023). Interested ones can apply.
The primary objectives of the course are as follows:
- Exposing participants to the fundamentals of remote sensing applications in Forest.
- Building confidence and capability amongst the participants in the application of remote sensing in the Forest.
- Providing exposure to practical problems and their solutions in remote sensing applications.
- Enhancing the capability of the participants to identify new applications of remote sensing in Forest application.
November 06-07, 2022 (2 Days)
Lectures and practicals schedule
- Inauguration: 9: 30am to 10:15am IST
- Lecture-1(10:15 am to 12:15 pm IST): By Dr. C. Sudhakar Reddy, Scientist-SG and head, NRSC(ISRO), Hyderabad, India Topic: Geospatial Innovations for Sustainable Forest Management and Biodiversity Conservation
- Lecture-2 (2:00 am to 4:00 pm IST): By Dr. Anil Kumar, Scientist-SG, IIRS (ISRO), Dehradun, India. Topic: Fuzzy Machine Learning Model for Forest Species Mapping using Semi Hyper-Temporal Data
- Lecture-3 (9:00 am to 11:00 am IST)): By Dr. Shyam Lal, Associate Professor, NITK, Surathkal, India Topic: Hands-on Deep Learning Algorithms for Forest Cover Mapping from Satellite Images
- Lecture-4 (11:15 am to 1:15 pm IST): By Dr. Maneesh Singh Bhandari, Scientist-E, Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, India Topic: Eco-geographical mapping of forest genetic resources in India
Who can attend:
- Students at all levels (Ph.D/M.Tech/MSc/B.Tech(3thYear & 4th Year))
- Faculty members from academic institutions.
- Engineers and researchers from Industry organizations including R&D laboratories.