SEAGATE | Hiring for Research Intern, Apply Now
SEAGATE is inviting applicants for Research Intern, Interested candidates can apply.
This position is part of Seagate Research Group (SRG). Seagate delivers advanced digital storage solutions to meet the needs of today’s consumers and tomorrow’s applications. Through technology, leadership, and innovation, Seagate continues to help individuals and businesses maximize the potential of their digital content in an ever-evolving, on-demand world.
Ph.D. student from reputed engineering and/or science institute in the area of Electrical/Electronics Engineering and/or Computer Sciences and Engineering background and expected to hold Masters's Degree in one of these discipline
- Should have completed all the coursework requirements for Phbeforeto joining.
- Creative, indepen, dent and self-starter individual with excellent written and interpersonal communication who would be looking forward to working in corporsetupt up.
- Must be authorized to work in India pursuing nursing education.
- Working knowledge of Unix-based and Windows Operating Systems.
- Teamwork is a core competency at Seagate, individuals must be able to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of engineers.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to study a functional area in depth.
- Ability to present to colleagues and partners.
- Graduate School/Doctoral Research level experience with innovative techniques in AI/ML as well as Exposure to storage domain and FPGA-based systems are added plus.
As a Ph.D. Intern, you will work full-time on projects at Pune in assisting Seagate Research Architect/leads in the area of most cutting-edge research in storage technologies. In this position, you will be responsible for investigating emerging technologies in storing data efficiently, which create data in new frontiers from AI/ML/mobility/automotive. You will potentially explore new mechanisms in electronic hardware modeling and prototyping in processing the data using upcoming technologies such as computational storage securely. Your work includes but would not be limited to, surveying and processing public and enterprise forums to help build models around these technologies, generate new ideas, conceptualize them and with the help of senior engineers in the team, contribute to the development of architecture towards building proofs of concepts.
- Research/investigate emerging technologies in storage components ansystemsem, Data creation mode, ls, and storage security
- Document current and future storage architectures for different applications
- Provide research intelligence for future Seagate products or create reference architectures
- Work with subject matter experts at all Seagate (worldwide) sites
- Create internal and external research papers and work with your affiliated school to bring academic research in these areas for applications in the storage industry.