Summer Internship -NIT Surathkal [Cybersecurity and Machine Learning]
International Research Experience for Students (IRES)
Additive Manufacturing: Cybersecurity and Machine Learning
The USA-India program run by the New York University Tandon School of Engineering is funded by the National Science Foundation to provide the US students an opportunity to spend a summer at the National Institute of Technology-Surathkal (NIT-K) in India. The program will place students in research labs for 10-weeks for research on cybersecurity and machine learning in additive manufacturing. The NYU and NIT-K faculty will jointly mentor the students. The selected Indian students will be paired with the US students to learn about each other’s’ culture and society and conduct high-quality research in a collaborative environment.
The following candidates can apply for this online internship program,
- Junior or Senior or M.S. level students enrolled in mechanical engineering, Materials Science, and computer science/engineering
- US Citizenship or permanent residency is required for US-based students.
- The participating Indian citizens should be enrolled in accredited Indian institutions
- Good academic standing
No travel will be required this year; the participants will work from their own locations.
- Designing security strategies for additive manufacturing for intellectual property protection
- Machine Learning for detecting compromises in additive manufacturing files
The last date is by February 14