The World Bank | Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP), Apply Now!
The WBG YPP is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group. Young Professionals are recruited from around the world with various academic and professional backgrounds relevant to the World Bank, IFC, and MIGA.
- Climate Change
- Corporate Finance Services
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Risk Management
- Sustainable Energy
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1990
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree*
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank's Group recruitment policy is to hire a staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
- Academic Credentials*
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations**
*Diploma, Degree Completion Letter, Proof of Enrollment with Expected Graduation Date or Transcript.
**Recommendations will be requested via email during the eligibility screening stage.
Applications are open June 15 – July 15 for all profiles and from August 15 – September 30 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.
Note: Before applying, ensure that you meet all eligibility requirements and have reviewed the application checklist below, for required material. Applications must be completed by 11:59 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) on the last day of the application period. On the application, candidates must select the institution that they believe best aligns with their skillset (the World Bank, IFC, or MIGA). Duplicate applications will not be reviewed and will not increase one’s chances of selection.