ToyCathon 2021, AICTE, Government of India, Toys Innovation challenge
Dr. Abhay Jere Chief Innovation Officer, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India. National coordinators going to launch the new event of the Government of India named ToyCathon 2021. It's a kind of hackathon for the toy industry. The government of India wants to get the innovative idea and innovation in the field of toys as gov wants it after the China dispute. India wants to become number one in toy manufacturing.
This event is for entrepreneurs, startups, and small businesses to come up with the innovative idea in the field of toys, the registration for this event will begin on the 5th of January 2021.
This event ToyCathon 2021 is the joint initiative of the Ministry of Education Government of India, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade Government of India, Ministry of Commerce & Industry Government of India, Ministry of Women and Child Development, AICTE, and Ministry of Textiles, Government of India.
The dates for this hackathon on toys will be announced on the 5th of January 2021. All the details will be published after 5th Jan 2021, and we will update this page stay tuned and subscribe to our page notification.
Updates on the 6th Jan 2021
On 6th January 2021, Union minister Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and Smriti Z Irani ( Union Cabinet Minister for Textiles and Women & Child Development) will Launch the ToyCathon 2021.
Watch the live event here.
Big Shout Out to all #Students #Kids #Startups & #Entrepreneurs exploring opportunities in Indian Toys Market. Launch of #ToyCathon2021 on 5 Jan 2.00pm. #StayTuned for more details. Joint Initiative from @EduMinOfIndia @DIPPGOI @MinistryWCD @AICTE_INDIA @TexMinIndia pic.twitter.com/9CgYFsA8IO— Dr. Abhay Jere (@abhayjere) January 3, 2021
Registration will start from the 5th January 2021.
23-25 February 2021
The following topics will be covered ;
- Toy/Games concepts based on Indian civilization, heritage, culture, mythology, history, ethos, technology, ethnicity, national heroes, and important events
- Inculcate positive behavior and good values(‘Sanskaar’)
- Toys for specially-abled/ Divyanga children
- Boosting physical and mental fitness
- Using eco-friendly, indigenous, non-hazardous, or recycled material
- Focus on promoting Vedic Mathematics
- Encouraging national unity and respecting cultural diversity.
- Supporting missions like Swatch Bharat, BetiBachaoBetiPadhao, Environment Conservation, Climate Change, Digital India, Skill India, Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Rediscovering/redesigning traditional Indian toys
- Toys for pedagogy (for teaching students difficult concepts in Math, Science, Languages, Social Sciences, etc.)
- The design should confine to basic toy guidelines issued by Govt. of India. Click the link to view the Gazette Notification
- Track 1 Junior Students
- Track 2 HEI's Students
- Track 3 Professionals
|Official Launch of Location 2021||5th January 2021|
|Registration begins||5th January 2021|
|Submission of proposals online||5th January to 20th January 2021|
|Evaluation process (Online)||21st January to 8th February 2021|
|Declaration of Shortlisted Ideas||12th February 2021|
|Grand Finale||23rd to 25th February 2021|
Across Various Centers in India