[FREE] ISRO Workshop on "Geoinformatics for Disaster Management"
75th IIRS Outreach Programme "Geoinformatics for Disaster Management". Natural disasters are becoming more frequent and intense across the globe.
Date of Workshop: Starts from 16th April 2021
- Professionals from Central / State Govt. / Private Organizations / NGOs engaged in hydro-meteorological based regional and national projects.
- Students and researchers aligned to research/working in DRR activities.
- Overview of Geoinformatics Technology
- Basic concepts of remote sensing
- Basic concepts of Geographic Information System
- Overview of UAV for disaster monitoring and mitigation
- Overview of Global Navigation Satellite System
- Web Portals & Data Services for Disaster Risk Reduction Application of Geoinformatics in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
- Overview of geoinformatics technology and its role in mainstreaming DRR
- Geological Hazards
- Hydrological Hazards
- Forest Fire Hazards
- Drought Hazards
- Coastal Hazards
- Atmospheric & Pollution Hazards
- Working Professionals and Students: Participation certificate Based on 70% attendance.
- Courses updates and other details will be available on URL – https://www.iirs.gov.in/EDUSAT-News.
- e-class (https://www.eclass.iirs.gov.in/login).
- There are a limited number of seats. Registration will be done on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- To participate in this programme, the interested organizations/ universities/ departments/ Institutes must identify a coordinator at their end. The identified coordinator will register online his/her Institute as a nodal centre on the IIRS website.
- All the participants have to register online through the registration page by selecting his/her organization as the nodal centre.