AMAZON - Hiring for Data Engineer I, Apply now!
Amazon is hiring candidates for the position of Data Engineer I.
- 0-2 years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, or related field in a company with large, complex data sources.
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3, Glue, Kinesis, and Lambda) or equivalent industry tools
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
- Experience in working with different SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of data lake platforms and different technologies used in the data lake to retrieve and process the data.
- Design data schema and operate internal data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL database systems.
- Design data models, implement, automate, optimize and monitor data pipelines
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive critical business decisions
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Manage Redshift/Spectrum/EMR infrastructure, and drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions
- Work on different AWS technologies such as S3, Redshift, Lambda, Glue, etc.. and Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
- Work on data lake platform and different components in the data lake such as Hadoop, Amazon S3, etc.
- Work on SQL technologies on Hadoop such as Spark. Hive, Impala, etc.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, and deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Conduct rapid prototyping and proof of concepts
- Conceptualize and develop automation tools for benchmarking data collection and analytics
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies
Job location :