IITGN- Application for Early Carrier Fellowship; Apply by April 30ᵗʰ 2022
The IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF) offers young scholars the opportunity to work on exciting challenges or research problems in a creative and interdisciplinary ecosystem.
- The fellowship is for applicants with aspirations for a career in academia.
- The applicants should have successfully defended the doctoral thesis from an institution in India or abroad on or after 1st January 2021 and their research work should be rated highly with supporting scholarly publications.
- The candidates who have already submitted their doctoral thesis or are planning to submit their thesis in the next couple of months are also welcome to apply. Indian Citizens or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) cardholders are eligible.
- Fellowship of Rs 1,00,000 per month (Rs 90,000 plus Rs 10,000 HRA).
- Professional development grant of up to Rs 2 Lakh per year.
- The Fellowship is initially for one year, which can be extended up to two years if performance is outstanding.
- Fellows can claim a travel reimbursement for up to INR 1.0 Lakh (if relocating from abroad) subject to the undertaking that the Fellow will be associated with IITGN for at least six months.