Blackhawk Network Holdings | Applications for Software Engineer, Apply by 8th October 2022
Blackhawk Network Holdings is inviting applications for Software Engineer. Interested ones can apply.
- Contribute to the definition, design, and implementation of cutting-edge software and modify existing software to add features. Specify product internal/external interfaces. Contribute innovative ideas for components and system architecture.
- Ensure compliance with Enterprise Architecture specifications
- Responsible for coordinating tasks and deliverables amongst delivery team members including QA, Operations, and Infrastructure.
- Work with Business Analysts to review business requirements, minimize ambiguity and incomplete requirements, identify opportunities for engaging business review throughout the solution development and provide technical leadership and advice as needed.
- Ensure design, code coverage, and code reviews, are done as appropriate.
- Initiate informal reviews of ideas and technical objectives within and across business units.
- Initiate requirements definition, hands-on lab debugging, and interaction with version control and problem tracking systems.
- Responsible for the adoption and implementation of Blackhawk’s software development methodology by driving the use of best practices like SCRUM.
- Responsible for the adoption of software architecture best practices like code reusability, pattern-oriented architecture, coding standards, modularization of code, aspect-oriented programming, etc.
- Strong skill with setting and adjusting priorities including setting and maintaining expectations with stakeholders
- Software design and development experience with core Java/J2EE.
- Strong OO Design skills. Hands-on knowledge of SOA and SOAP/ REST Web Services implementation, design patterns, and practices.
- Strong skill with SQL Query Language (TSQL)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience with multithreading concepts.
- Experience with Open Source technologies and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, Struts, and JUnit)
- Knowledge of relational database technologies with advanced capabilities in at least one industry-grade relation database system – DB2 UDB, SQL Server.
- Strength in time management and organization skills with an aptitude for creative problem-solving.
- Proven self-starter. Track record of managing multiple complex tasks.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to be productive and effective within a matrix organization.
- Excellent communicator – verbal and written skills required.
- Knowledge of AWS / cloud environments
- Experience in the finance, and payment industry is a plus