COAL INDIA LIMITED | Recruitment of Management Trainees, Apply by 12th October 2023!
CIL is inviting applications for the recruitment of Management Trainees. Interested ones can apply.
CIL is transforming from a single product to a multifarious business organization in the coming years. To achieve this vision, CIL, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from young, energetic, and dynamic persons for recruitment THROUGH ONLINE APPLICATION MODE only for the post of MANAGEMENT TRAINEE in E-2 Grade as notified vide Advertisement No. 04/2022 in the following disciplines based on GATE-2023 Scores from Qualified Candidates:
|GATE Paper Code
Qualifications & Eligibility Criteria:
|Degree in Mining Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks
|Degree in the Civil Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks
|M.Sc. / M.Tech. in Geology or Applied Geology / Geophysics or Applied Geophysics with minimum 60% marks
- Degree in Mining / Degree in Civil / M.Sc. /M.Tech. in Geology or Applied Geology/Geophysics or Applied Geophysics must be from a University / Institute recognized by the appropriate statutory authority in India and should be of regular full-time course.
- The minimum qualifying marks for GENERAL (UR), OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) & Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category candidates are 60%. For SC, ST, and Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) candidates, a relaxation of 5% is given in the minimum qualifying marks i.e. 55%. In the case of CGPA/GPA, conversion in percentage certificate issued by the University/Institute should be attached without fail.
- Appearing Candidates:
- Candidates who are currently studying in the final semester/year/ tri semester of session 2022-23 of the minimum required qualification and appeared in the GATE 2023 examination and if his/her name is reflected and qualified in the list shared by the Organizing Institute, are eligible to apply. However, they have to submit final pass results of the minimum required qualification before final selection / during document verification failing which their candidature will be rejected for the applied post/discipline without any further communication to them.
- Further, the candidate must clear all subjects of the final year/semester/trimester, whichever is applicable, in the academic year 2022-2023 in a single attempt and should have cleared all previous years/semesters/trimesters as of the date of declaration of final results.
- Apart from the other required documents, the candidates of the final year/semester/trimester in the academic year 2022-2023 will have to upload their latest year/semester/trimester mark sheet/marks transcript of relevant minimum educational qualification.
Clarification on Civil Engineering:
|Discipline (Post Code)
|Not Eligible Branches
|Civil with Architecture or Structural Engineering or any other combinations with Civil Engineering
- Eligible candidates must have appeared for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE -2023). Based on the GATE-2023 Scores/Marks and requirements, candidates will be shortlisted discipline-wise and category-wise, in the ratio of 1:3 in order of merit for the further selection process.
- In case of a tie in the GATE Score, the following norms will be adhered to for finalizing the merit panel:
- Applicants scoring higher percentage marks / CGPA in minimum eligible qualification will be placed higher in the merit list.
- If there is still a tie after considering Sl.No (i) above, an applicant who is senior in age will be placed higher.
- The final merit list will be prepared for each discipline on the basis of GATE2023 Scores/Marks. GATE Scores/Marks of 2023 will only be valid and the scores prior to or after GATE-2023 is not valid for this recruitment activity and hence will not be considered.
- Candidates working with Government / PSUs / Autonomous bodies have to submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) while filling online application failing which their candidature for the applied post may be rejected. If employed subsequent to submission of application at CIL, then “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” from the present employer at the time of Documents Verification (DV) & Initial Medical Examination (IME) is to be submitted, failing which they will not be allowed for DV & IME. Candidate shall produce all original certificates, and documents during DV & IME, failing which they will not be allowed for DV & IME.
- The final list of selected candidates against the vacancies will be uploaded on the CIL website only. These Candidates will be intimated about document verification (DV) and initial Medical Examination (IME) on CIL website and also on their registered E-mail ID only.
- Offer of Appointment will be issued only after successful completion of DV & IME and submission of relieving letter from present employer if working in Govt. Sector / PSU / Autonomous body.
- Candidates belonging to the GENERAL (UR) / OBC (Creamy Layer & NonCreamy Layer) / EWS category are required to pay a Non-Refundable fee of ₹. 1000/- plus applicable GST - ₹.180/- totalling ₹. 1180/- (Rupees One Thousand One Hundred Eighty only).
- SC / ST / PwBD / Employees of Coal India Limited and its Subsidiaries are exempted from payment of the application fee.
- Application fees will be paid through online mode only. There will be no other mode for payment of the application fee. CIL will not be responsible in case a candidate deposits the fee in any wrong account. The fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore advised to verify their eligibility before applying. It may kindly be noted that CIL does not seek any other charges/fees except the above-mentioned application fee.
Upper Age Limit:
- The Upper Age Limit is 30 Years as of 31st -August 2023 for General (UR) & EWS category candidates.
- Category-wise relaxation in the Upper Age Limit is mentioned below:
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) - 3 Years
- SC / ST - 5 Years
- For Persons with Disabilities o General (UR) -10 Years o OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) - 13 Years o SC / ST - 15 Years
- Candidates who are the domicile of J&K during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 as per Govt. of India guidelines05 Years.
- Relaxation for Ex-Servicemen (ESM) category candidates is as per extant Govt. of India guidelines.
The Upper Age Limit is relaxed subject to the condition that the maximum age of the applicant on the crucial date i.e. 31st -Aug-2023 shall not exceed 56 years.
Selected candidates will be placed as Management Trainees in E-2 Grade on the scale of pay of ₹. 50,000 – 1, 60,000/- at the initial Basic of ₹. 50,000/- per month during the training period. On successful and satisfactory completion of the 1-year training period and passing the test conducted for the purpose, regularization will be in E-3 Grade in the scale of pay of ₹. 60,000 – 1, 80,000/- at the initial Basic of ₹.60, 000/- with probation for 1 year, if not extended. Besides Basic pay, candidates will also be entitled to Dearness Allowance, HRA, perquisites, and allowances under the cafeteria approach including Performance Related Pay (PRP) as applicable for the post. Benefits such as Leave, Medical facilities, CMPF, CMPS, Gratuity, CIL Executive Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, etc. will be admissible as per extant rules of the company. The actual remuneration may vary depending on the place of posting, the financial performance of the Company, and also performance rating of the individual.
Candidates may be posted anywhere in Subsidiary companies including Coalfield areas. Only candidates willing to serve anywhere in India need to apply. However candidates will be required to submit three preferences/choices for posting, but the final posting will be as per the availability of vacancy, and the decision of CIL Management in this regard will be final and binding.
Service Agreement Bond:
Appointed candidates are required to serve the company for a minimum period of 60 months from the date of joining the company. The candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond of ₹. 3 Lakhs (Rupees Three Lakhs) plus GST as applicable for the same at the time of joining. A deduction of Rs. 5000/- per month from the salary will be done towards this bond money which will be refunded without interest after the successful completion of 60 months of service.
Before the appointment, the selected candidates will have to undergo an Initial Medical Examination (IME) by the company’s Medical Committee, as per the Medical Attendance Rules of the company. The decision of the Medical Committee will be final and binding. The candidates are advised to go through the CIL's Medical Attendance Rule available on CIL's website and ensure that they meet the medical/physical standard to avoid any disappointment in IME.