DCCC, IISc Bengaluru - Training on Glacier Studies and Remote Sensing [Registration FREE]
Overview: Divecha Centre for Climate Change is organizing a training on Glacier Studies and Remote Sensing for young students who wish to work in glaciology which covers various aspects of remote sensing applications in glaciology.
- Distribution of Glaciers and snow cover: Overview of Cryosphere, Importance of glaciers, precipitation and formation of snow, distribution of glaciers/snow.
- Application of remote sensing in glaciology: Fundamentals of Remote Sensing, Glacier inventory, Estimation of glacier mass balance, glacier depth, moraine-dammed lakes, snow cover, and snow albedo.
- Climate and climate change: Climate change and climate variability, General circulation of atmosphere and oceans, impacts of aerosols.
- Monitoring of glaciers: Physical and morphological properties of snow and glaciers, Development of algorithms and glacier modeling, Glacier Lake Outburst Flood.
- Glacier Mass Balance: Concept of glacier mass balance, methods of glacier mass balance estimation-Glaciological, Geodetic and AAR methods, the concept of ELA, IAAR method.
- Ice and Snow ablation: Physics of snowmelt, heat budget, and radiation. Snowmelt runoff model.
Venue & Date:
- Microsoft Teams online platform
- March 16- 26, 2021,
- Timing : 14:30 hrs-17:30 hrs
- Post Graduate M.Sc., M.Tech., M.E.
- Ph.D. students from recognized Institutes/Universities.
- Last date for registration: 01st March 2021
- Intimation to selected candidates: 05th March 2021
- No registration fees for the trainees.
*For details about the Training check the below-given link.*