GSK - Hiring a Dictionary Analyst, Apply Now!
GSK is hiring applicants as Dictionary Analysts, Interested candidates can apply.
This role ensures the timely and quality delivery of coded terms, (for Adverse events, concomitant medications, medical histories, medical procedures, etc.) and the effective usage of medical and drug terminology, for clinical trials and other databases as needed across GSK.
Minimum Level of Education Required - Bachelor’s Degree (or above), or equivalent functional industry experience
Area of Specialization -
- Life science or related medical/clinical area with 0-3 years of industry experience
- Previous experience and/or basic understanding of, term coding/classification, terminology maintenance (e.g. MedDRA, WHODrug) and associated tools, autoencoders, dictionary management systems, browsers, etc)
- Experience or basic understanding of MedDRA and WHODRUG Dictionaries (e.g. autoencoders, dictionary management systems, browsers).
Preferred Level of Education - Above Bachelor’s Degree typically in life science, nursing, pharmacology, computer science or programming discipline, equivalent functional industry experience, or MedDRA Certification.
- input to coding-related activities at program or Therapeutic Area/Business Unit levels
- May participate in the maintenance of the central GSK coding dictionaries and infrastructure (IT tools, documentation) needed to support coding ensuring their consistency and validity across the corporation
- Contribute tend-to-end to end coding process and influence the effective usage of the coded data, for designated Therapeutic Areas or Business Units within the scope of the Department, which covers all GSK Business Units and collaborative partners/vendors worldwide requiring medical and drug terminology coding
- Manage own areas of responsibility and collaborate with others externally external for areas of functional expertise or designated Therapeutic Areas/Business Units
- May collabo the rate with Functional Area backup and contribute to functional area activities
- Responsible for the timely delivery of coding for all studies within the assets that they have been assigned
- Able to prioritize study workload within assigned asset(s) and communication of priorities to other roles
- Able to anticipate risks and use appropriate escalate pathways to facilitate mitigations and solutions
- May provide consultancy/governance to external vendors
- Perform QA/QC activities and contribute to process improvements to bring in efficiencies
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience Required:-
• Around 0-3 years of coding experience
• Experience in delivering coding data with quality
• Basic understanding of coding principles and philosophies of coding and extensive exposure to MedDRA and WHODRUG dictionaries.