IIIT Workshop "Visible Light for Broadband Communications"
Overview: IIIT Delhi presents a two-day workshop on "Visible Light for Broadband Communications: Current Research & Standardization". This workshop will mainly focus on the requirements and challenges of deployment in such scenarios. The inputs gathered from the workshop will help in working out innovative solutions. The test bed will enable such innovations which can be contributed to standards.
Date of Workshop: 25th March - 26th March 2021
- Prof. Zabih Ghassemlooy Northumbria University, United Kingdom
- Dr. Volker Jungnickel Fraunhofer-Institut für Nachrichtentechnik, Heinrich-Hertz-Institut (HHI), Berlin, Germany
- Dr. Majid Safari University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Dr. Hani Kanaan CEA-LETI, France
- Dr. Ashish Pandharipande Signify (Philips Lighting) Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Subash Mondal Wipro Fellow and Chief Architect
- Deepak Solanki Founder and CEO of Velmenni
- Prof. Anand Srivastava Prof. ECE IIIT Delhi
- Dr. Vivek Bohara Associate prof. IIIT Delhi
- Dr. Gaurab Ghatak IIIT Delhi
- 09:30 am - 10:00 am : Openinig Remark
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am: Visible Light Communication in 6G: Advances, Challenges, and Prospects
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm: In the era of 5G and Wi-Fi 6, why do we still need VLC?
- 12:30 pm - 01:00 pm: Policy and Standardization
- 02:30 pm - 03:30 pm: Optical Wireless Communication for intermediate and access networks
- 04:00 pm - 05:00 pm: Visible Light Camera Communications
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am: Interference management in VLC networks.
- 11:15 am - 12:15 pm: Dimensioning of indoor LiFi networks.
- 12:15 pm - 01:15 pm: India LiFi startup ecosystem
- 02:30 pm - 03:30 pm: Towards a new generation of lighting and display applications, Micro- LED
- 03:30 pm - 04:30 pm: Indoor lighting as a platform for IoT building applications
- 04:45 pm - 05:45 pm: Applications and Technology Gaps for LiFi in 6G
- 05:45 pm - 06:00 pm: Vote of Thanks