IIM Bangalore | Hiring as Manager- Research, SCMC, Apply by 30 March 2023.
IIM Bangalore is hiring applicants as Manager- Research, SCMC.
The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) is a leading graduate school of management in Asia. Under the IIM Act of 2017, IIMB is an Institute of National Importance.
This position will be based at the Supply Chain Sustainability lab. The purpose of the job is to build, advance and disseminate sustainable supply chain management knowledge.
- Candidate must have obtained PhD in the discipline of Management, Engineering, or Social Sciences
- Candidate ideally should have handled research or consultancy assignments in the past.
- Experience from research / educational/nonprofit research institutions; and experience having worked in a managerial role is desirable.
- Experience of having worked with statistical tools is desirable.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To create sustainable solutions for organizations and supply chains that lead to large-scale adoption and subsequent benefits.
- Build capabilities and skills to undertake and execute consultancy assignments in the Sustainability domain.
- Acquire skills and build tools in sustainability management.
- To conduct research to identify and replicate good practices for sustainable supply chains.
- Write white papers on various themes around supply chain and sustainability.
- Consult and build solutions for clients on their sustainability/ESG journey.
- Formulate consultancy reports and presentations for the projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Other Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Interest: The candidate should have a deep interest in the field of Sustainability and Climate Change.
- Collaborative skills: They must be able to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment,
- Communication skills: They require excellent written as well as verbal communication skills for effective presentation of both technical and non-technical information.
- Organizational skills: It is essential that they are highly organized individuals with the ability to effectively prioritize workload and execute tasks successfully even when faced with tight deadlines,
- Quantitative skills: It is desirable that the applicant possess strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills. The candidate must be comfortable with and must be capable of synthesizing large data sets into actionable insights.
- Positive attitude, detail orientation, and ability to interact with senior leadership.
The indicative annual CTC will be in the range of Rs. 12.60 lakhs – 14.50 Lakhs. The compensation would be fixed based on the candidate's experience and qualifications and will be as per IIMB Contract Appointment Rules.
Job Type & Duration:
Contractual - Non-Teaching
The closing date for applications is March 30, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated.