IIRS, ISRO FREE Outreach Program on "Earth Observation for Carbon Cycle Studies".
- Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) is organizing one day workshop on "Earth Observation for Carbon Cycle Studies".
- IIRS invites you to attend this five days short course on "Earth Observation for Carbon Cycle Studies". The short course is scheduled for June 21, 2021.
Date of Workshop:
June 21 – 25, 2021
- Role of EO in Carbon Cycle Assessment: Status, Challenges, and Issues
- Measuring Ecosystem Carbon Exchange: Observational network, Instrumentation and advanced sensors
- Up-scaling and Modeling of Carbon fluxes: Remote Sensing and Process-based modeling
- Earth Observation and its role in Vegetation Carbon Pool Assessment
- Earth Observation and its role in Soil Organic Carbon (SOC) Assessment
Who can Participate?
- This short course is designed for professionals engaged in remote sensing data processing in different applications.
- To participate in this program the interested organizations/ universities/ departments/ Institutes have to identify a coordinator at their end. The identified coordinator will register online his/her Institute as a nodal center on the IIRS website.
- All the participants have to register online through the registration page by selecting his/her organization as the nodal center.
- Date of Workshop: June 21 – 25, 2021
- Workshop Fees: There is no course fee for attending this program
- Pre-requisite: Understanding of Basic concepts of Remote Sensing and GIS
- All the participants who attend 70% of sessions of the course live via the e-class portal.
- The participants who attend the course sessions via the IIRS youtube channel should mark their attendance via offline sessions available after 24 hrs