IIRS ISRO Workshop “Lunar Remote Sensing and its Applications”
- Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) is organizing one day workshop on “Lunar Remote Sensing and its Applications”.
- The proposed workshop is planned to provide an overview of theory and techniques of remote sensing of the Moon and their applications in analyzing lunar surface characteristics and its geology with special emphasis to Indian lunar missions.
- Overview of Lunar Remote Sensing
- Reflectance spectroscopy and detection of endogenic water on the Moon: Examples from recent lunar Missions.
- Mg-Spinel Mineralogy on the Moon
- Recent advances in radar exploration of the Moon.
- Lunar South Pole Aitken basin - understanding mantle geochemistry remotely.
- Chandrayaan-2 Imaging Infrared spectrometer (IIRS): Some initial results for mineral analysis.
- Panel Discussion and Q/A session.
Who can Participate?
- Final year undergraduate course or postgraduate course (any year).Technical/Scientific Staff of Central/State Government/Faculty/researchers at university/institutions.
- To participate in this program the interested organizations/ universities/ departments/ Institutes have to identify a coordinator at their end. The identified coordinator will register online his/her Institute as a nodal center in the IIRS website.
- All the participants have to register online through the registration page by selecting his/her organization as the nodal center.
- Date of Workshop: May 12, 2021
- Workshop Fees: There is no course fee for attending this program
- Certification: Working Professionals and Students: Based on 70% attendance.
- There is a limited number of seats. Registration will be done on a first come first serve basis.