IIT Delhi | Applications for the post of Post-Doctoral Fellow, Apply Now!
IIT Delhi is inviting applications for the post of Post-Doctoral Fellow. Interested ones can apply.
- Civil Engineering: Environmental: Sustainable Built Environment, Risk Assessment of EmergingContaminants from Water, Aerosol Climate and Health, Carbon Sequestration using Alkaline Waste Materials; Geotech: Geotechnical Engg. / Rock Engg., Structures: Structural Engg. andConstruction Management; Transportation: All areas of Transportation Engg., including but not limited to, Transport planning, Traffic Engg., and Pavement Engg.; Water Resources: Water Resources and related areas.
- Design: We are looking for candidates specializing in all areas of design such as industrial design, communication design, interaction design, and other relevant design domains. Candidates should have research interest(s) in one or more of the following areas: Creativity, Culture & Design, Neuro-cognition of Creativity, User Experience Design, Information Design, Product Design, Computer-Aided Design, Design of Medical and Assistive Devices, Visual Communication, Filmmaking, Animation, Digital Media, Game Design, Cultural Construction, Design Research, Human Factors and Ergonomics, Sedentary Behaviour and Health, Inclusive Design, Environmental Design Research, Body-Conscious Design, Social and Cultural Factors in Design, Design for Health and Wellness in the Built Environment, Data Driven Design, Mechatronics, Engineering Design, Design for Energy Efficiency, Human-Computer Interaction, Design for Emotion and Persuasion, Design for Usability, Behavioural Design, Design for Human Development, Design for Base of the (economic) Pyramid, Social Innovation, Design Creativity and Innovation, Design Theory and Methodology (incl. Design Thinking), Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence in Design, New Product Development, Comics Studies, Illustration, Graphic Design, Designing for Children, Transportation Design, Design for Sustainability, Design Sketching, Design Innovation.
- Energy Science & Engineering: Electrical Power Systems, Experimental Plasma Science and Technology, Internal Combustion Engines, Photovoltaic Devices and Systems, Solar Thermal Technology, Energy Storage.
- Material Science & Engineering: Metals, glass, and ceramics, polymers, computational material science, functional materials.
- Centre for Atmospheric Sciences: “All areas of Atmospheric and Oceanic Science”.
Who can apply?
• Indian Nationals of General/SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS category as well as with physical disability.
- Ph.D. with First class or equivalent grade in preceding degree with a consistently good academic record.
- Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis and have not yet defended it can be considered subject to the submission of a certificate from the guide duly forwarded by the Head of the Department of their Institute. This certificate must be provided at the time of the interview.
- In the case of (b) above, before the first assessment of the PDF at the end of the first year tenure, he/she should have completed the Ph.D. defense which is mandatory for the candidate to continue for the second year, else the contract gets terminated and no representation will be entertained.
- PDF posts are primarily for external candidates only and in case IIT Delhi Ph.D. degree holders have to be considered, it may be done, only 3 years after obtaining their Ph.D. degree from IIT Delhi.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Fellowship of Rs. 75,000/- per month plus House Rent Allowance (HRA) at the Govt. of India rate for New Delhi. No Institute accommodation will be provided.
- Professional Development Allowance (PDA) of Rs. 1.00 lakh per financial year (April-March) will be available from the date of joining the institute. For PDF serving for a shorter period, a proportionate amount shall be granted. Unutilized PDA can be carried forward to the next financial year. The utilization of PDA is restricted to attending conferences (both national and international).