IIT Delhi | Special Drive of Assistant Professor (Grade-I/II), Apply by 15th December 2023!
IIT Delhi invites applications from individuals who belong to the SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwBD/EWS category with an established record of independent, high-quality research and commitment to teaching and research for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor (Grade I/II).
The various Academic Units (Departments, Centres, and Schools) recruiting Assistant Professors in their areas are given below. Department-wise specialization areas and specific qualifications/experience are specified in Annexure-I.
|2.||Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology||16.||. Textile and Fibre Engineering|
|3.||Chemical Engineering||17.||Centre for Applied Research in Electronics (CARE)|
|4.||Chemistry||18.||Centre for Atmospheric Sciences (CAS)|
|5.||Civil Engineering||19.||Centre for Automotive Research and Tribology|
|6.||Computer Science & Engineering||20.||Centre for Biomedical Engineering (CBME)|
|7.||Design||21.||Centre for Rural Development and Technology (CRDT)|
|8.||Electrical Engineering||22.||Sensors, Instrumentation and Cyber-Physical System Engineering (SeNSE)|
|9.||Energy Science & Engineering||23.||Transportation Research and Injury Prevention Centre (TRIP-C)|
|10.||Humanities and Social Sciences||24.||Optics and Photonics Centre (OPC)|
|11.||. Management Studies||25.||Kusuma School of Biological Sciences (KSBS)|
|12.||Material Science and Engineering||26.||School of Public Policy (SOPP)|
|13.||Mathematics||27.||School of Artificial Intelligence (ScAI)|
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Grade-I: 7th CPC Pay Level 12, Minimum Pay: ₹ 101500/- For direct recruits, minimum starting pay to be fixed in Academic Pay Level-12 at Cell No.1 ₹ 1,01,500/. Faculty directly recruited into Grade I and those moving from Grade II will serve a one-year probation. On completion of 3 years as Assistant Professor Grade-I, the incumbent shall move to Academic Pay Level-13A1 (₹ 1,31,400 - 2,04,700).
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR Grade-II: 7th CPC Pay Level 10, Minimum Pay: ₹ 70900/- The minimum starting pay to be fixed in Academic Pay Level-10 at Cell No.8 ₹ 70,900/-. After one year of experience, the incumbent shall move to Academic Pay at Level 11. Subsequent placement in Assistant Professor Grade-I will be based on meeting experience requirements.
- The posts carry allowances such as Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Transport Allowance (TA) and telephone charges reimbursement as per Institute rules, which at present correspond to those admissible to Central Government employees stationed in Delhi. The benefits of LTC, Children's Education Allowance, and contribution towards the New Pension Scheme (NPS) shall be permissible as per GoI rules
- Depending upon the qualifications and experience, a higher starting salary may be offered in deserving cases as decided by the Selection Committee
The total number of vacancies in this special recruitment round is approximately 25. Vacancies are based on the institute as one unit. Women applicants from the reserved categories are encouraged to apply. Candidates should upload their valid SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwBD/EWS certificates issued by the appropriate authority in the prescribed format of Government of India, along with the application.
Qualification & Age:
Ph.D., with first class or equivalent in the preceding degree. Specialization in the appropriate area/branch with consistently good academic record throughout. Candidates should have good communication skills, a commitment to high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate education, and a demonstrated ability to carry out original and creative research. Specific qualifications and specialization areas sought in each academic unit are available in Annexure I. Applicants for this position shall preferably be below 35 years as of Dec 15, 2023. Age relaxation will be applicable as per the Government of India norms.
Qualification and Experience:
Basic qualifications and experience for the posts are given in the source below. Qualification, experience, and age will be reckoned as of Dec 15, 2023.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Grade I & Grade II)
- Assistant Professor: Candidates with at least three years of industrial/research/teaching experience may be considered for the post. The experience gained before and while pursuing a PhD is excluded from consideration.
- Candidates with PhD but with less than three years of industrial/research/teaching experience may be considered for the post of Assistant Professor (Grade II).
Applications are to be submitted online. The advertisement is available at (https://home.iitd.ac.in/jobs-iitd/index.php). As a precaution, after submitting the application through the website, please retain a copy of the application. In case of any queries regarding the application submission, please contact Deputy Registrar (E-I) Indian Institute of Technology Delhi Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016, INDIA Telephone: +91-11-26591716/26591709 E-mail: email@example.com C.2. The completed application along with the supporting documents should be submitted on or before December 15, 2023, 5:00 PM (IST) C.3. Please login to our site (https://ecampus.iitd.ac.in/IITDFR-0/login) and check the status whether the application has been received or not.