IIT Delhi | THE POSITION OF POST-DOCTORAL FELLOW, Apply Now!
IIT Delhi invites applications from qualified persons for the position of Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF) in its various academic units to promote inter-disciplinary research activities, strengthen the research ecosystem of the Institute and groom potential faculty members.
- Ph.D. with First class or equivalent grade in preceding degree with h consistently good academic record.
- Candidates who have submitted the Ph.D. thesis and have not yet defended it can be considered subject to the submission of a certificate from the guide duly forwarded by the Head of the Department of their Institute. This certificate must be provided at the time of the interview.
- In the case of (b) above, before the first assessment of the PDF at the end of first-year tenure, he/she should have a complete.D.he Ph.D. defense which is mandatory for the candidate to continue for the second year, else the contract gets terminated and no representation will be entertained.
- PDF posts are primarily for external candidates only and in case IIT Delhi Ph.D. degree holders have to be considered, it may be done, only 3 years after obtaining their Ph.D. degree from IIT Delhi.
Who can apply:
Indian Nationals of General/SC/ST/OBC-NCL/EWS category as well as with physical disability.
Age Limit: Maximum age of the candidates is 32 years (for males) and 35 years (for females). Age relaxation for reserved candidates as per Govt. of India guidelines as follows: SC/ST – 5 years, OBC-NCL – 3 years, EWS – No age relaxation, General PwD – 10 years. For an exceptional candidate to be recorded in writing.
Publications: Candidates should have demonstrated research capabilities in terms of publication in reputed journals and conferences.
Rules & Responsibilities:
To perform scholastic research in cutting-edge areas of academic units and support teaching activities by assisting in practicals and tutorials. PDF should be attached to a research group, not to an individual faculty. PDFs are expected to publish research articles with IIT Delhiaffiliation in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present research work at reputed conferences. They are also expected to supervise Ph.D. and Post-graduates in their project work and assist the mentor in writing project proposals.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Fellowship of Rs. 75,000/- per month plus House Rent Allowance (HRA) at the Govt. of India rate for New Delhi. No Institute accommodation will be provided.
- Professional Development Allowance (PDA) of Rs. 1.00 lakh per financial year (April-March) will be available from the date of joining the institute. For PDF serving for a shorter period, a proportionate amount shall be granted. Unutilized PDA can be carried forward to the next financial year. The utilization of PDA is restricted to attending conferences (both national and international).
Tenure of Appointment:
Initially for one year (on contract), which can be extended for another one year on the same T&C based on an assessment of performance. There can be an extension of the contract after the completion of 2 years for outstanding candidates. The extension after 2 years and its duration will be decided by the evaluation committee based on the performance of the PDF.