IIT Gandhinagar | Applications for Postdoctoral Positions, Apply by 30th April 2023!
IIT Gandhinagar is inviting applications for Postdoctoral Positions. Interested ones can apply.
- A successful candidate will conduct research along the broad theme of the mechanics of slender bodies.
- The scope of the study includes, but is not limited to, solving free boundary contact problems in elastic rods, and constructing theoretical models describing deformations of ribbons made of light and heat-activable soft materials (such as Nematic Polymer Networks).
- The position is ideally suited for applicants with a solid mechanics background and a strong interest in theoretical and analytical work.
- A Ph.D. in Mechanics/Mechanical/Civil/Aerospace Engineering or allied areas with a specialization in solid mechanics or structures is required.
- Candidates who have submitted their dissertations are also eligible to apply.
A good candidate will have, in addition to the aforementioned qualifications, good communication and writing skills, and a working knowledge of Mathematica/Matlab/Python.
An ideal candidate will also be independent-minded, and capable of driving research into uncharted territory.
One-year appointment, with a possibility of extension for another
year based on performance.
50,000 INR per month + HRA (if on-campus accommodation is unavailable).
Contact: For any queries regarding the position, contact Harmeet Singh at email@example.com.