IIT Jodhpur applications for Project Recruitment
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
Office of Research and Development
Advt. No.: IITJ/R&D/2020-21/43
Applications are invited from the citizen of India for filling up the following temporary position in the sponsored project at this Institute. The position is purely temporary, initially for a period of 06 Months, and extendable but co-terminus with the duration of the project, on contractual basis with consolidated pay.
- Project No. S/SERB/ABB/20190043
- Project Title: Study of the Effects of Stress-State and Strain-Rate on Constitutive Response of Polymer Gels via Experiments and Continuum Mechanics Modeling
- Name of the Project Investigator- Dr. Abir Bhattacharyya
- Duration of Initial Appointment-06 Months
- Consolidate Pay Rs.31,000/-
- Age Below 35 Years
- Minimum Qualification and Experience Eligibility: Master’s Degree in Materials Engineering/Metallurgical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, or B. Tech/B.E. in Materials Engineering/Material Science and Engineering Metallurgical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with throughout first class and with valid GATE Score.
- Desirable: The candidates should have either of the following i. Hands-on experience on mechanical testing of materials. ii. Knowledge of mechanical behavior of polymers. iii. Continuum Mechanics. 10 Brief description of Project An integrated experimental and continuum modeling-based approach will be used to characterize the stress state and strain-rate dependent nonlinear mechanical response of soft polymer gels. Experiments will be done under different stress states and quasi-static strain rates to determine the nonlinear mechanical response of soft polymeric hydrogels and elastomers. Hyperplastic models will be developed for predicting the deformation response of hydrogels under realistic loading conditions.
The candidates possessing the requisite qualification and experience should apply through the ONLINE process up to 15 January 2021. The candidates are advised to send a soft copy of the application with all relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please mention the advertisement number in the subject line of the email). No need to send a hard copy.