IIT Kanpur | Applications for Power Sector Regulation: Theory and Practice, Apply Now!
IIT Kanpur is inviting applications for Power Sector Regulation: Theory and Practice. Interested ones can apply.
About 25 hours
Relevance of the Program:
- Fundamental and applied to learn the regulatory process
- Comprehend the legal and policy development toward power sector reforms
- Address the present and emerging challenges related to the regulatory framework in the power sector
- Understand the relevance of competition in the power sector
- Opportunity to learn best practices from National and International experts
- Power Sectors Reforms
- Electricity Act 2003, NEP, Tariff policy
- Economics of Regulation
- Pricing and Regulation of Natural Monopoly
- Tariff Determination of Generation, Transmission, and Distribution
- Competition in Power Sector
- Efficiency Measurement and Bench Marking
- Tariff: Legal and Commercial Aspects
- Regulatory Framework and its Evolution
- Emerging Regulatory Challenges
- Conceptual understanding of power sector regulation from economic, legal, and regulatory perspectives.
- Understanding the legal and commercial aspects of tariff and its determination for Generation, Transmission, and Distribution.
- Developing the ability to understand the emerging policy and regulatory issues in the power sector.
Who should apply:
- An official from Electricity Regulatory Commissions, Generating Companies, Licensees (Transmission, Distribution, and Trading), Financial Institutions, Consultants, Investors
- Faculty, Researchers, and Students from Academic Institutions, Consumer Organisations, NGOs, and other stakeholders who want to enhance their understanding of this multi-disciplinary area.
Award of certificate:
- Assessment based on Completion of online content,
- Participation in online discussions,
- Performance in Lecture Quizzes
- End of Module Exam
- Award of Certificate