IIT Kanpur FREE course Essentials of Data Science With R Software - 1
Essentials of Data Science With R Software - 1: Probability and Statistical Inference
IIT Kanpur has launched the online course on the Essentials of Data Science With R Software - 1: Probability and Statistical Inference. This is a 12-week course and will start from the 18th Jan 2021.
The following topics will be covered in this online course,
- Introduction to data science, basic calculations with R Software and probability theory
- Probability theory and random variables
- Random variables and Discrete probability distributions
- Continuous probability distributions
- Sampling distributions and Functions of random variables
- The convergence of random variables, Central limit theorems, and Law of large numbers
- Statistical inference and point estimation
- Methods of point estimation of parameters
- Point and confidence interval estimation
- Confidence interval estimation and test of hypothesis
- Test of hypothesis
- Test of hypothesis for attributes and other tests
The following candidates can apply in this course on Data science by the IIT Kanpur,
UG students of Science and Engineering. Students of humanities with a basic mathematical and statistical background can also do it. Working professionals in analytics can also do it.
“Introduction to R Course” is preferred. A mathematics background up to class 12 is needed. Some minor statistics background is desirable.
By Prof. Shalabh
25 Jan 2021