IIT Madras's Cricket Hackathon 2021- Fun and Learning, Prizes worth 1 Lakh, Anyone can apply
IIT Madras BSc in Programming and Data Science presents Cricket Hackathon 2021 - Fun and Learning. For everyone who loves CRICKET and fiddling with DATA. IIT MADRAS BSc Degree Program brings an academic contest - CRICKET and CODING CHALLENGE. Anyone who has elementary knowledge of coding and an interest in Data Science can register and compete.
Basic knowledge of cricket, Python language skills, analyzing the data from previous matches, and coming up with a code to predict the scores after six overs in every innings.
A noncompetitive “Guess the Score” event is open to all the non-programmers who want to participate without writing any code. Unique event t-shirts are up for grabs for participants in this category.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
- For upcoming T20 matches, participants should submit their code to predict the score at the end of 6 overs in each of the innings.
- This academic competition has been designed for beginners to learn and compete and professionals to demonstrate their capabilities. Even those new to data science but who are interested in learning can go through the resources available online and try participating by using simple mathematical models.
- Participation can be as an individual or as a team with a maximum of 4 members.
- The individual/team with the lowest error in their prediction over 50 innings will be declared the winner of the IIT Madras BSc Degree’s Cricket Hackathon 2021.
- The top 5 individuals/teams will get a cash prize of Rs.1 lakh each along with the Certificate of Appreciation.
- Teams in positions 6 to 10 will get a cash prize of Rs 25,000 each, along with the Certificate of Appreciation.
- Teams in positions 11 to 50 will get a cash prize of 5,000 each, along with the Certificate of Appreciation.
- IITM BSc program T-shirts for unique winners getting into Leaderboard of the Day.