[Internship] User Experience at CISCO
User Experience (Intern)
CISCO has invited the application for the User Experience (Intern).In Cisco, we have an outstanding opportunity where we actually get to use the technology we build!
There are the following responsibilities for the selected interns,
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for enhancements and new products.
- Develop software and tools in support of design, infrastructure, and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Determine hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Identify user interface requirements; help define project approach and user experience strategy
- Participate in and plan user testing, surveys, etc., and iterate designs based on user and customer feedback
- Optimize designs through task analysis, and thoughtful and systematic usability reviews
- Set conceptual design and suggest product direction based on field research and functional requirements
- Define the user interaction model and workflows
- Produce pixel-perfect visual assets and detailed UI specs and guidelines, and work with visual designers to produce designs consistent with Cisco’s brand
- Develop prototypes ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to high-fidelity interactives that represent both the visual identity and interaction model required to ensure user success
- Design across platforms: mobile, desktop, web, etc.
- Apply best practices in, for example, accessibility, privacy, and responsive design
- Work closely with (local and remote) engineers to implement and deliver the final product
- Facilitate project communication across a multidisciplinary team throughout all phases of the project
The following candidates can apply for this internship,
- Recent graduate
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, related majors such as Math, Physics
- Minimum of an 8.5 GPA or higher
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Possess creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- experience in establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with the extended team