NHRC- Short Term Internship Program | Stipend | Certification | Apply before 4th April 2021
Overview: The National Human Rights Commission has expressly been mandated to promote Human Rights literacy and awareness of the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993. With a view to spreading awareness among University students about the need for protection and promotion of Human Rights.
Date of Internship: 16th April 2021 (Friday) to 30th April 2021 (Friday)
- Students studying in 3rd year and onwards of an integrated 5 year PG course.
- Students studying in 3rd / final year of graduation course.
- Students of any semester/year of any post-graduate degree course.
- Students of any semester/ year of any post-graduate diploma course.
- Students who are research scholars in any stream.
- Scanned Self-attested mark-sheets from 12th Standard onwards
- Scanned Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Scanned Recommendation letter/email from HOD/Dean/Principal concerned in the annexed Proforma.
- A 250 words write-up on the topic “ Statement of Purpose (SoP) for joining NHRC Online Short Term Internship” will be required to be submitted by the applicants along with the application form online
- Students who have attended earlier Internship Programmes organized by NHRC will not be eligible to apply.
Course Structure: About 50 sessions on various human rights issues are proposed to be covered to sensitize the interns.
- Address/Interaction with Hon’ble Chairperson / Members of NHRC and other domain Experts
- Project work on Human rights issues.
- Book Review to be submitted by the students
- Films on Human Rights & Discussion – Child Labour issues, Water Sanitation, Sports, Anti Trafficking, Health including mental health and Education issues and discussions, etc.
- Virtual Field Visit o Virtual visit to Jail o Virtual field visit to Police Station o Virtual field visit to NGO
- All the student interns successfully completing the internship would receive a stipend of Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only)
- A certificate of participation will be awarded to the candidates on the basis of the following parameters.
- The last date for submission of the application is 04 April 2021 (11:59 PM).
- Applications are to be submitted online using the link Online Short Term Internship available at NHRC’s website.
- All the applications should be submitted through this online platform only.
- Please ensure that the application for OSTI in April 2021 is duly filled. Applications submitted otherwise will not be accepted.
- The Final List of Selected Interns will be displayed on the NHRC website.